Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Ways to stop spam, detect robotic activity, and actually harm the spam trade, as well as how it works, how to circumvent filters, etc. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Spam via fax?!?!
Posted by: WhiteAcid
Date: December 26, 2006 07:38AM

I went to my mums work place today to drop something off. I couldn't help notice a piece of paper sitting in the fax machine. I just had to ask if I could keep the paper as I thought it was hilarious.

You may be wondering what type of place my mum works at. It's not IT related in the least, I highly doubt they even have a website, nor is it a private company. Surely not the target audience of this spam.

Edit: Searching for that phone number comes up with http://traintaxi.nationalrail.co.uk/?crs=WAC which shows it to belong to Benco cabs.

Don't forget our IRC: irc://irc.irchighway.net/#slackers
-WhiteAcid - your friendly, very lazy, web developer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2006 07:42AM by WhiteAcid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spam via fax?!?!
Posted by: jungsonn
Date: December 26, 2006 09:24AM

Ghehe funny!

In my country is company spam allowed, but not to an individual.

Posted by: digi7al64
Date: December 26, 2006 04:49PM

hahaha - Over in Australia we seem to get a lot of fax spam saying "Your company fax number has been added to our contact list. From time to time you will receive fax's from us promoting a number of different items. If you do not wish to be contacted by our company then please ring (xx) xxxx xxxx to have you details removed."

...and as most companies don't want to be fax spammed the ring the number... which although appears as a normal number it is in fact a premium service and the call costs > $60

----------
'Just because you got the bacon, lettuce, and tomato don't mean I'm gonna give you my toast.'

Posted by: wi1s0n
Date: July 17, 2007 03:30AM

Fax spam do cost the spammer a little, so it is not as hardly pursued by mass volume spammers. The beauty of it is that there is very little way to stop fax spam, the only thing is to ban a number or to have a whitelist but this may not be effective solution.

Posted by: id
Date: July 17, 2007 11:27PM

Bummer, in the US you can sue for $500 per fax spam, there are even companies that will go after the spammer for you and just take a collection fee and give you some of it.

-id

Posted by: Super-Friez
Date: July 31, 2007 09:29PM

I was hoping it was some hitman service that got rid of bullies. Now that would be funny!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.