Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Ways to stop spam, detect robotic activity, and actually harm the spam trade, as well as how it works, how to circumvent filters, etc. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Bots to automate features
Date: June 30, 2007 09:12PM

While this isn't really related to spamming, it's the same question someone interested in learning about spam would ask, so I thought it fit.

I want to write a bot that automates actions but I'm not sure where to begin. I know some basic PHP, like how to open web pages, spider/extract strings, and write output based on it. I'm not really advanced but it seems I might not need to be for a bot, if it can be done through refreshing and re-outputting each time. Is that how it's done? I actually don't know if I use Javascript or a server-side language for a bot, or even either. I'm running Windows XP. Is there just a program that runs for XP and makes HTTP requests in place of a browser?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bots to automate features
Date: June 30, 2007 10:20PM

Welcome to R.A.D.: Rapid Application Development. Pick up a book, or tutorials, on any of the .NET languages such as Visual Basic 2005, and within a short time you should be able to write a functional site-raping program. It was slightly more complicated with Visual Basic 6, but I had written a program capable of massively registering usernames on a forum service, and then loading them all up at once to spam the ever-living shit out of it. Needless to say I was hit with a "Cease And Desist" order probably a few months later when it got out of hand, and all third-party applications were banned from the service because of me.
I won't lie, because it was incredibly fun to write, and more fun to use, but make sure you have a heavy disclaimer on your program, and where it's hosted. I'd also recommend you don't actually use the services in the event they decide to personally contact you. As I said though pick up one of the .NET languages, and you'll be on your way.

Awesome AnDrEw - That's The Sound Of Your Brain Crackin'
http://www.awesomeandrew.net/

Date: July 03, 2007 07:51PM

lulz, funny post. It entertained me. Nah, I'm not looking to spam or rape a site. I just wanted to send automatic friend requests on a video website to help spread videos. It sounds like a fun challenge. I'd actually talk to the people if once they accepted the request. Thanks for the information.

Posted by: rsnake
Date: July 11, 2007 07:33PM

"I know some basic PHP, like how to open web pages, spider/extract strings, and write output based on it. I'm not really advanced but it seems I might not need to be for a bot, if it can be done through refreshing and re-outputting each time. Is that how it's done?" - Yes, that's almost exactly how to do it - just build in state management for cookies and some logging and you have yourself a bot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.