Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Ways to improve page rank, or deceptively get more users to your websites or away from your competition. Where you can discuss SEO (search engine optimization) issues as it relates to computer security. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
SEO for pictures?
Posted by: cathu2
Date: June 15, 2009 01:33AM

While everyone is clamouring to be best ranked for sites, what about pictures? Most SERPS have several filter options like blogs, pictures, news etc. And they all link somewhere.

What do you think of targeting picture rankings? Let's say the first page for "dogs" has 10 of your pictures, going back to your site, would that be equal to being ranked #1 for "dogs" for sites?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SEO for pictures?
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: June 15, 2009 06:50AM

Some say the alt attribute content, the file name of the image and the markup surrounding the embedded image play an important role.

Nevertheless the ranking factors for usual hypertext pages can be applied here either.

Posted by: Ivan
Date: June 17, 2009 02:20PM

From some my experience You need to put right 'alt' and 'title' atribute for best ranking ...

http://www.security-net.biz/

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: June 17, 2009 06:40PM

Title for links - alt for images. If alt doesn't fit the specs tell you to use longdesc - but in my experience this is rather a niche feature not really useful for SEO purposes.

Posted by: mark123
Date: November 20, 2009 02:29PM

use alt attribute with image tag

i suck

Posted by: stevejones
Date: December 30, 2009 05:37AM

Follow below steps to optimize your images as well as getting top rankings while image search results.

1. Keep keyword in image name
2. Keep keyword as an alt tag in image
3. Allow robots to crawl images. (don't disallow robots to crawl images from robots.txt file)
4. There are plenty of image sharing website where you can promote your images with proper web page backlink.
5. Try to maintain relevancy between image and content.

By following all above steps, you may get desired result.

Best Regards,
Steve.
http://www.plaveb.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2009 05:44AM by stevejones.

Date: March 11, 2010 02:05PM

you can use alt tag optimizing image...

Posted by: harriet1008
Date: August 01, 2013 04:15AM

Thanks for this image SEO, iam seaching this information from so many times.....
Thanks to all

Posted by: lilyren
Date: December 29, 2013 06:44PM

Add a picture for your article can be more attractive and let your readers know what you want to express.For example if you want to show the styles of men's wigs,a pictuere about it can tell a lot.I have seen many photos of hair wigs in http://www.hairwigsall.com/categories/Men%27s-Wigs/ and these pictures make me know clearly about the product.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.