Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
This group should mostly be dealing with how web applications enable networking security issues that are otherwise not there. Everything is being tunneled over port 80 now so what does that enable and how do we fix it? 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Knowing IP Any Use?
Posted by: idisappear
Date: April 16, 2012 06:57PM

Suppose that my aunt is running Windows 7 and with permission, she wants me to access her hard drive through the internet and copy a file on her desktop. In this theoretical example, she is not a host or running server software of any kind. She is not running a browser, IM client, IRC client, or anything like that, but she is definitely connected to the internet. This example assumes I am not in a proximity where I can do any packet sniffing. Lastly, assume she has disabled all remote desktop software. Knowing her IP address, is it realistic to access her hard drive? Can I connect to her with a command prompt and access her files using telnet/DOS or anything like that? How would I go about connecting to get a command prompt and guess a password?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Knowing IP Any Use?
Posted by: Skyphire
Date: June 18, 2012 07:07PM

Type in the IP see if a router is listening on port 80 with an admin screen, then try the default password, then enable Telnet or whatever.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.