Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
This group should mostly be dealing with how web applications enable networking security issues that are otherwise not there. Everything is being tunneled over port 80 now so what does that enable and how do we fix it? 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Wired Linksys Router
Posted by: hoosiercub
Date: April 22, 2009 12:13AM

I am a WISP subscriber, and Im fairly sure they're limiting my bandwidth capabilities.. and won't respond to my questions and emails about it. Its like my entire network is capped out at around 100kbps actual DL speed.. and a retardedly slow upload speed. Like 31kbps.. I have the best line of sight to the antenna possible I think.. Ive heard others with better speeds than I in worse off situations and the same service. So my question is.. when i access the router used by the WISP service 192.168.1.1.. its a Linksys wired router.. not sure exactly what model, but nothing fancy.. I get the standard credentials form.. and its not the default password/username.. and I was wondering if there was any way I could hack into that to check the settings on the router to see if they're limiting my connection somehow.

I realize how immoral it is lol.. but dammit when my lil bro is on live or watching youtube, and it slows my shit down.. for $40 a month.. I'm getting raped. And no, there are no other options than satellite.. and from my POV.. Satellite ISPs are a joke w/ equipment fees, outrageous monthly rates for DSL speed, and storm outages from cloud cover.. no thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wired Linksys Router
Posted by: thrill
Date: April 22, 2009 01:03AM

wow.. for some reason, and you can call me crazy, but I think someone is going to go ahead and post an AMAZING solution for this guy's problem.. and who knows, maybe I'm psychic or something, but I got a feeling it's going to be for ONLY $29.99 per MONTH!#@%@#%$@% WOW!!!

heh..

Now here's the shocker.. they may actually point a link to sei data dot com, but that's just a hunch..

--thrill

---

It is not the degrees you hold, but the mind you possess. - thrill

Posted by: id
Date: April 22, 2009 11:39AM

They should have a stated speed, if they do simply run a bandwidth check on dslreports.com or similar, if you don't get what you are paying for complain. It's a lot more legal.

-id

Date: April 25, 2009 01:21PM

Try this, first connect your computer to the modem, restart computer, and restart modem. If you can use the internet still then the router is there just to allow multiple computers to use the same connection. Then you can assume that resetting the Linksys modem to all its defaults including the default login would be safe. Then connect back to the router and try the default login.

Or you can just get a new ISP. I pay $49.99 for a 21Mbps down and 1Mbps up, all depends on where you live. As you said you are being raped, if the router reset does not work then switch.

Posted by: jibsn
Date: February 13, 2010 05:37AM

Broadband wired networks have existed for a long time, but it is only recently that wireless networks have begun to reach broadband speeds. However, their greatest advantage is they offer broadband speeds without the use of external wires. Wireless networks are easier to install and configure and they offer the advantage of movement freedom. Wireless technologies have evolved over the years and the latest standard is the 820.11g, offering speeds of up to 54Mbs. The next in line is the 820.11n standard, that will double the maximum transfer rate, but the new specifications are yet to be standardized. Linksys is one of Cisco's most important divisions and it is known as one of the most important network equipment manufacturers. Cisco themselves are world leader in networking software and equipment and this guarantees the quality of Linksys's wireless devices.

Thanks

Posted by: rvdh
Date: February 14, 2010 06:11PM

Only in Indiana, Hoosier state.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.