Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
For 802.11 and bluetooth security people alike. Latest trends, attack surface issues, and prevention. How wireless security is becoming the new vector to hacking corporate websites and applications. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Wireless Networks and Insecurity
Posted by: covertsurfer
Date: March 19, 2009 02:23PM

Have you ever used a wireless network to access the Internet, a home computer, or even a file server? Wi-Fi hotspots can be found in coffee shops, libraries, airports and at home. They make Internet access very convenient, but also very unsafe.

Desktops, Laptops, PDA’s, Mobile Phones, even video game consoles are now coming with wireless technology, but at what price?

If a major retail store can have millions of customer credit card numbers stolen through their Wi-Fi network connection after they thought their wireless network was secure, imagine how many people are victims to hackers using packet sniffing and other intrusion techniques and don’t even know it.

This breach of security for the wireless network of one retail chain, was a major blow as it had become apparent that this relied upon wireless security, practice was now vulnerable. The wireless network security level, once thought to be secure, was now insecure, meaning that a hacker could infiltrate the very network that the wireless router was supposed to be guarding, and take what ever information they want.

Although a couple of years have passed since one of the most widely publicized data breaches in United States history, there have been numerous revisions to the security levels of wireless networks; yet again they have been compromised.

It is up to the individual to take responsibility for the security of their Internet connection. But, there must be a program or service available to provide the level of protection needed while at the same time, be easy and convenient to use. Covert Surfer provides you with National Institute of Standards and Technology approved 256 bit AES encryption for both your wired and wireless connection.

In addition, Cover Surfer allows you to surf the Internet anonymously and securely by encrypting the data that leaves your computer through the program, and decrypting it when data is received. It contains a registry clean program and automatically erases your Internet cookies when you close the program. In addition, it provides you with a file shredder which destroys any files you don’t want others to discover. Covert Surfer is another great tool in the fight for Internet Identity Protection. Covert Surfer can be downloaded directly onto your computer or onto a USB Flash Drive, making it portable and a perfect travel companion. It is truly the Internet Freedom Tool which keeps your data safe and cyber spies away from your personal information.

http://www.covertsurfer.com/wireless_surfing.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wireless Networks and Insecurity
Posted by: thrill
Date: March 19, 2009 04:19PM

But wait! If you order now you also get:

Our minimum wage staff looking at your pr0n to make sure it's NetApproved(tm).
Unlimited reading of your private emails by hackers that break into our stuff!

And much much more! Operators are standing by.

--thrill

---

It is not the degrees you hold, but the mind you possess. - thrill

Date: March 19, 2009 04:42PM

Or better yet, as I wrote to id on IM:

1) create web interface for shell signup
2) set up ssh proxy
3) Profit!

Sorry covertsurfer, but you might have posted this in the wrong forums.. we actually KNOW about security and secure browsing around here.. maybe posting it on AOL's Teen Skr1pt K1dd1e Hax0r forum might have a better audience.

--thrill

---

Date: March 19, 2009 05:28PM

testimonial hmmm...

"It cut my spam down to zero. What a terrific product. It was easy to install and is easy to use. There were no configuration changes for me to make. My kids are now protected on the Internet while using Covert Surfer. Thanks!"
- Mel Kohn
Professor

Wow! It cuts spam to zero for no apparent reason, and also protects your kids from pedophiles!

Date: March 19, 2009 05:52PM

it must be that "while on IRC; user==pedophile(); disconnect" function I keep hearing about..

As for the spam, well, that one is easy.. "if mail(BigOvalCan); delete"

Maybe AOL's Teen Skr1pt K1dd1e forum might be a little too advanced as well.. :)

--thrill

---

Posted by: wireghoul
Date: March 19, 2009 06:45PM

Get off his case, it works! just read the testimonials! I bet you guys don't even realize that SSL makes your website secure!

[www.justanotherhacker.com]

Date: March 19, 2009 11:21PM

I bet you guys don't even realize that SSL makes your website secure!

that just made my year.. hahahaha! Thanks wireghoul! :)

--thrill

---

Posted by: wireghoul
Date: March 22, 2009 07:34PM

You have no idea how many website owners have told me that, not verbatim, but yeah.

[www.justanotherhacker.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.