Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Where you should disclose your vulnerabilities. Go read RFPolicy if you want to do responsible disclosure, and go here for when all else fails. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
javascript shell?
Posted by: kw
Date: November 26, 2006 04:15PM

guys i have an hosting that don`t suport php so i wanna put a bind or something there to check that hosting...
is there an javascript shell or something with i can execute linux commands and see other files like php shell [c99..r57] ?

thanks alot...srry if this is a wrong section !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: javascript shell?
Posted by: maluc
Date: November 26, 2006 04:36PM

no.. javascript has no file access .. as it's executed client-side not server-side.

the only thing you could hope to do is to access the cpanel with CSRF and use your hosts built-in filemanager. but only if the cpanel is in the same domain as the javascript. it's not too practical however, as it'll require alot of complicated AJAX requests .. and much worse - the embedding of your username/password if implemented improperly (instead you'll have to require a login at start)

essentially though, it's only accessing the host's cpanel remotely. it can't do anything you couldn't do from its cpanel - which probably rules out linux commands.

-maluc

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.