Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Where you should disclose your vulnerabilities. Go read RFPolicy if you want to do responsible disclosure, and go here for when all else fails. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
CSS owns YOU!
Posted by: Gareth Heyes
Date: August 24, 2007 06:54AM

Here's an example of a CSS LAN scanner that can get and store your local router IP without using javascript!

http://www.thespanner.co.uk/2007/08/24/css-lan-scanner/

It is also possible to gather your history using CSS. I've only tested it in Firefox but it's scary stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2007 07:45AM by Gareth Heyes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CSS owns YOU!
Posted by: Spyware
Date: August 24, 2007 09:55AM

RSnake already had the history stealing thing using CSS I believe? Scanner doesn't work on my router, get prompted with the .htaccess of router homepage. The scan result was faulty when that happened.

Thanks for sharing though.

Date: August 24, 2007 10:04AM

Nope that technique used javascript, this is pure CSS. It only works in Firefox as well. It won't catch everything for the scan. It is possible to know which urls you visit and store the result all without javascript.

Date: August 24, 2007 12:45PM

Ah I've since been sent RSnake's history scanning which doesn't use javascript. Sorry about that Spyware, I thought you were referring to the javascript one. Although RSnake's technique didn't work when I tested it, I can see it is similar to my technique.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: August 24, 2007 09:43PM

Good job man, looks good.

Finally some more proof that the net is just fucked, anyone is at risk if you are plugged into the net. It's actually a CSRF, or as I would like to call it: an unauthorized request.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.