Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Script obfuscation, filter evasion, IDS/IPS/WAF bypassing... this is where it should live. Because this topic is too big to live anywhere else. Phj33r! 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Self modifying code
Posted by: Gareth Heyes
Date: February 23, 2012 03:30PM

It's been quiet on here for a while :( so I thought I'd kick off a new thread with a cool challenge. How can we create some code that modifies itself without DOS'ing itself and can evolve. I started something extremely simple that modifies the number in the code and continues until the regex cannot match anymore but we need the code to continue regardless and somehow be aware of objects and functions.

[hackvertor.co.uk]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.";
labs : [www.businessinfo.co.uk]
blog : [www.thespanner.co.uk]
Hackvertor : [hackvertor.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Self modifying code
Posted by: id
Date: February 24, 2012 06:22AM

It's probably worth reading some old info on the subject, lots of viruses have tried with varying success.

http://vx.netlux.org/lib/vmd01.html

He's using assembly in that paper, but the ideas are the same.

-id

Posted by: fsilva
Date: February 24, 2012 07:04AM

Stops at Infinity

https://hackvertor.co.uk/hvurl/3e

anyway it doesn't seem more interesting :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 02:55PM by fsilva.

Date: February 24, 2012 01:48PM

@fsilva

It's hard to construct some code that doesn't break after x timeouts and that actually does something useful but this is why I posted it for us all to figure out. I do actually think that this sort of thing can produce real AI and self producing secure code along with the obvious obfuscation value.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.";

Date: February 24, 2012 01:49PM

@id

Nice link thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.