Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Ever wanted to work as a "chief hacker" "security evangelist"? This is a place to post jobs or ask for work. Over time as I hear about job offers, we can consolidate them into this board. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
linux and/or perl guru wanted for sr webapp position
Posted by: alerute
Date: September 19, 2008 12:04PM

greetings -

We are looking for another Linux and/or Perl guru to come on board and help with everything from development and testing of our two major enterprise <hype>web 2.0</hype> applications to system administration.

I am one of two developers in a small start-up in HealthCare IT that was recently acquired, and we now have the ability to hire more people to help rearchitect two awesome apps. We are a small, (mostly)independent team of four in a very large company (fortune 18). You get all the big company benefits with much of the start-up like environment (no pager, laid back workplace, ability to control what you work on).

As the HR posting says, "This is a unique and comprehensive role for a talented individual."

The following are a must:

* Fluency in Perl and Javascript/AJAX/HTML (Java could work too)
* Fluency with LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/Perl) web applications
* Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other Linux-based RDBMSes
* Knowledge of a major JS framework (e.g.: jQuery, YUI, ExtJS, Dojo, etc.) and APIs
* Awareness of webapp-releated security issues a must.
* Extensive knowledge of browser compatibility issues (IE and Firefox)
* Familiarity with CentOS/RedHat linux.

The following are definitely useful:
* knowledge of Perl's Catalyst framework
* C++ development, or ror experience
* working knowledge of C++
* Experience designing in Flash and programming in ActionScript 3.0
* QA/Test, management, sysadmin, experience

These aren't going to fly:
* dislikes of linux
* phobias of Perl
* resumes full of micro$oft-ness

The pay is very competitive and the benefits are not bad.

If you are interested, or know anyone who might be, or have any questions, feel free to contact me : sla.ckers@isidore.net

thanks!
:goose

btw, this job is in Seattle, and relo or contracting is an option for an ideal candidate.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.