Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Ever wanted to work as a "chief hacker" "security evangelist"? This is a place to post jobs or ask for work. Over time as I hear about job offers, we can consolidate them into this board. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Need advice in self-development
Posted by: aberezh
Date: May 30, 2008 05:09AM

Hi all, I have a bit uncertain question.

I've been working for about 2 years as application security analyst in a Russian outsourcing company, mostly performing code reviews with a bit of security testing, also give some trainings in websec area for my colleagues. As a hobby I contribute to w3af, an open-source web security scanner (http://w3af.sourceforge.net).
I want to evolve in this area more systematically, possibly, to find a job for a security company (unfortunately, this particular area is not developed enough in Russia). I'm also interested in the possibility to join some interesting appsec-related research.

Kind of international courses, internships, certification programs etc... What can you advise to look at?
Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need advice in self-development
Posted by: Malkav
Date: July 04, 2008 05:56AM

if you are specifically after webappsec i'd advise having a look at OWASP's site. on a more business PoV, many organization treats webappsec only as a subset of security, and thus doesn't recruit you specifically for webappsec (as an intern. you may still have work as a consultant/contractor though) so you should look at CCIE's and such certification which are much more generics, but of great value on a resume.
or you can work for the RBN :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.