Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Ever wanted to work as a "chief hacker" "security evangelist"? This is a place to post jobs or ask for work. Over time as I hear about job offers, we can consolidate them into this board. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
yeehaa
Posted by: Malkav
Date: March 04, 2008 09:32AM

i finally quitted my crappy syseng mission, and i am open to proposition (@id : no, your place is not an acceptable work environnement)

assuming the job meets the following condition :

1 : salary will not be paid in bad coffee and roundhouse kick behind the neck

2 : i will not have to shut my mouth when the nearest craphole claims the positive effects of my job, and try to put the negative effects of his on me

3 : no, knowing rpm -ivh and pkg_add -r doesn't make an acceptable "UNIX/Linux expert" position

4 : i won't be forced to use the bug ridden crappy bash script of my predecessor, and will be authorized to write anything i feel worthy automating in my langage of choice (perl)

5 : you won't spend several millions on a fat bunch of p570's without letting me take a real support contract, AND you won't ask me to admin a badass 3K blades grid without a fucking redhat satellite because 70K is too expensive.

looks like i won't have a new job tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: yeehaa
Posted by: id
Date: March 05, 2008 07:40AM

I need some servers racked and my DC straightened up.

-id

Posted by: thrill
Date: March 05, 2008 11:55AM

Word from the medical profession says that you need a lot more than just your DC straightened up, and the prozac is not helping.

--thrill

---

It is not the degrees you hold, but the mind you possess. - thrill

Posted by: Malkav
Date: March 05, 2008 12:48PM

i think coming from id i won't even try to understand what "straighten up" is meant to mean.

@id : are you looking for that kind of lackey ?
[regmedia.co.uk]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Posted by: id
Date: March 05, 2008 06:28PM

yes, could you pick up this shinny thing I'm about to drop...

-id

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.