Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Who's got it? Who's giving it away? How to protect your privacy and steal it from other people. For intellectual privacy, personal privacy, and blackhats alike... 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Reliable Ssh servers
Posted by: iota
Date: February 22, 2007 08:50AM

Dear sir

Please share your reliable free Ssh servers.
Thanks so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reliable Ssh servers
Posted by: id
Date: February 22, 2007 10:16AM

are you looking for a free shell server or want to know what to use for an ssh server, or ?

-id

Date: February 24, 2007 09:40AM

Yes, id.
Both.

Date: February 24, 2007 01:30PM

I guess I wasn't clear.

Do you have a machine that you want to install an sshd on, or are you looking for access to someone else's?

-id

Date: February 25, 2007 04:51AM

Is it perfect anonymity when I use Ssh coz I read vulnerability issues in it in news ?
Whether we do things good or bad, ssh servers log our actions?
Whether we perform Pen Test or Attack our target, is it good to use ssh as for relay server or proxy?

Forgive me for unclear questions.
My study hasn't still reached as the level big haxOr or security pro.

Date: March 02, 2007 02:17AM

ssh does not provide anonymity, it provides encryption between two points, and can be used to secure many normally unencrypted applications.

I made a short writeup on how do do that for proxy aware applications http://ha.ckers.org/ssh_proxy.html It can also be used to encrypt non-proxy aware applications such as POP3 using port forwarding.

Depending on how the remote ssh server is configured (and what shell it drops you into, since it probably won't be the ssh server doing the logging), it can log all actions, though usually it simply logs who connected, when and if they were authenticated.

If you don't own the server you are connecting to, you are at the mercy of the owner of that machine (assuming you didn't compromise it). And even then you're not anonymous, your actions can still be viewed at the network level, the data is encrypted on the network, but your connection end points are not.

Perfect anonymity isn't theoretically possible, but at a practical level it is usually archived by simply finding an unencrypted WAP, and then who cares if you're not encrypted, you're not the one that's going to get in trouble...

Or you can bounce off boxes outside of your country using ssh, or other encryption to hide your actions and hope the end points aren't compromised by someone that cares.

Or you could just not do illegal things ;)

-id

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.