Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Who's got it? Who's giving it away? How to protect your privacy and steal it from other people. For intellectual privacy, personal privacy, and blackhats alike... 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Anonymous Online Orders?
Posted by: idisappear
Date: April 13, 2012 08:45AM

Suppose a person wants to anonymously order an NIC via postal mail. That way the MAC address is not tied to their name. I understand that alternatives exists, like Walking into a store and buying an NIC with cash, but I am still wondering if it's possible for other reasons. Maybe a physical book on security exploits is unavailable at a local bookstore or electronic format. The security professional might not want to create a record that ties her to the book.

Do all PO Boxes require identification? As far as I know, prepaid debit cards can no longer be purchased without revealing personal information. Are there any exceptions to that or alternatives?

Edit:
There are private companies that accept mail and forward it to a new address. With anonymous purchases these private services and using multiple private PO Boxes together, it could be interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2012 08:54AM by idisappear.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anonymous Online Orders?
Posted by: Skyphire
Date: June 18, 2012 06:20PM

Go to a (PC) flea market and buy all the nics from a geek who sells them.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.