Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Who's got it? Who's giving it away? How to protect your privacy and steal it from other people. For intellectual privacy, personal privacy, and blackhats alike... 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
GoDaddy - Become Rich By Stealing Ideas
Posted by: darknessends
Date: October 30, 2007 02:26PM

Hello Everybody,

I think you all might know but I am astonished to see the fast going GoDaddy purchase all my ideas before I do.
What happened is I wanted to open a site having collection of all good articles about security and hacking at one place.
I choosed confuzion.com, i searched on godaddy, it was free, i did not buy, i decided to think over more, a week later it was a premium domain selling back to me for 2500$ and now the second one i selected hackengine.com was bought in just 3 days. I think they index what people search and buy good domains.
Nice way to earn money. Isn't it ?

Thanks,
darknessends@gmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GoDaddy - Become Rich By Stealing Ideas
Posted by: id
Date: November 01, 2007 10:47AM

They've been doing that for years, thought I saw ICANN was investigating complaints recently though, hope they punish those assholes.

-id

Posted by: digi7al64
Date: November 01, 2007 09:48PM

same deal, i wanted to purchase securepress.com but though i would wait a couple of days due to other commitments (don't ask), turns out it was purchased the same day i searched for it... oh and i contacted the company asking if they wanted to sell, sure they said $25000 US.

----------
'Just because you got the bacon, lettuce, and tomato don't mean I'm gonna give you my toast.'

Posted by: thrill
Date: November 02, 2007 11:19AM

why not just use the command line whois instead of going through their whois server?

--thrill

---

It is not the degrees you hold, but the mind you possess. - thrill

Posted by: id
Date: November 03, 2007 05:20PM

I do normally, still doesn't excuse their actions.

-id

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.