Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Who's got it? Who's giving it away? How to protect your privacy and steal it from other people. For intellectual privacy, personal privacy, and blackhats alike... 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
question about proxifier/ultra surf and work security!
Posted by: wolfwoodx
Date: July 12, 2007 11:33AM

hey guys,

i was just wondering if anyone could answer my question -
i'm at work and my IT guy can usually monitor what websites people are on, have been to, and the bandwidth they've been using. i've heard he uses "watchdog" or something similar but it may be more secure than that. basically, i'm obviously connected through the internet through their network or whatever.

but if i use a client like "proxifier" or "ultrasurf", i've found i can get past all of their filters/blocked sites already. i was just wondering if they could still "see" what sites i'm going on - bypassing filters isn't very helpful when they see that i'm bypassing their filters and going to these banned sites. if proxifier and ultrasurf don't hide me from my own company, is there a program that will? thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question about proxifier/ultra surf and work security!
Posted by: id
Date: July 12, 2007 05:15PM

You could try this

http://ha.ckers.org/ssh_proxy.html

Make sure you send DNS requests through the proxy as well.

But if they are using a program on your local machine or have outbound traffic blocked except through their own proxy it will be more difficult, and perhaps impossible to make sure they don't know where you go.

now quit surfing pr0n at work.

-id

Posted by: wolfwoodx
Date: July 13, 2007 08:07AM

is there any way to check if they have outbound traffic blocked except through their own proxy? i'm pretty sure they don't have a program on the local machine (it was a non-internet connected lab computer before this)

Posted by: id
Date: July 13, 2007 10:22AM

Easiest way is to just try and connect to a service with it's native client. But a quick and easy way that should work for any TCP service is to open a cmd window and telnet to a machine that has some service running and see if you can connect.

eg: if you wanted to see if you could use the ssh method in the article, and you know "somehost.com" has ssh running on it.

c:\telnet somehost.com 22

-id

Posted by: FiSh
Date: August 13, 2007 12:37PM

SSH could be blocked though, so try something like google.com:80 as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.