Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
If you have some interesting news or want to throw up a link to discuss it, here's the place. Anything is okay, even shameless vendor launches (since that is often applicable to what we work on). 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Game developers getting consulting from Kapersky for more realism in game.
Posted by: Kyran
Date: May 13, 2013 07:10PM

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/14/watch-dogs-developers-consult-with-internet-security-firm-for-more-realistic-hacking/

I don't know how much cross-over there is for the sla.ckers and gaming, but I thought this was really cool.

Any of you consultants lurking?

- Kyran

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Game developers getting consulting from Kapersky for more realism in game.
Posted by: id
Date: May 15, 2013 11:15AM

That's cool, I've been hired to test security for games, but never to show them how to make hacking realistic. I bet they get bored fast...

Hardware hacking is probably more realistic for a game, lockpicking/rewiring, etc.

-id

Posted by: Kyran
Date: May 18, 2013 01:13AM

I think it's not so much realism in the literal sense, so much as using proper terminology, "no no, that doesn't even work like that", sort of stuff.

Lockpicking and other hardware hacks are never really portrayed realistically either...

- Kyran

Posted by: id
Date: May 21, 2013 11:50AM

The proper terminology is probably too boring for the most part, though one can hope.. And though I agree hardware hacking is often portrayed unrealistically, I think it has a far higher chance of being closer to reality than hacking a website.

-id

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.