Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
If you have some interesting news or want to throw up a link to discuss it, here's the place. Anything is okay, even shameless vendor launches (since that is often applicable to what we work on). 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Google In Crisis.
Posted by: rvdh
Date: February 03, 2009 04:52AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/google/4248045/Google-announces-end-of-Google-Video-Jaiku-and-other-projects-in-cost-cutting-exercise.html

Google announces end of Google Video, Jaiku and other projects in 'cost-cutting' exercise. Search giant also lays off more than 100 staff as credit crunch bites

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Google In Crisis.
Posted by: id
Date: February 03, 2009 02:44PM

I hate on google as much as anyone, but getting rid of redundant services just makes good business sense. And 100 staff? All large companies are taking this opportunity to cut off the bottom chaff; any company their size has 100 workers that suck. They are just getting rid of them and scaring the rest into working harder...just like every other evil corp =p.

-id

Posted by: zeno
Date: February 03, 2009 04:20PM

My company laid of 1500 we wish it was only 100. Cutting 10% off of workforces
in this market is pretty standard now adays.

Posted by: id
Date: February 03, 2009 06:52PM

If I cut 10% of my staff I'd have to use a chainsaw.

-id

Posted by: Malkav
Date: February 05, 2009 08:43AM

i can get rid of your redundant 10% id, i am currently practicing neutering :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: April 07, 2009 10:36AM

Google is crisis is a bad news. We can love or hate Google but just cannot ignore it. It is providing indirect employment via adsense and adwords for millions. Well only 100 is not a big news. But we must also understand all the services that are discontinued like google videos.. Google has an alternative in Youtube. So it is not a big problem actually

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2009 03:46PM by rsnake.

Posted by: nicola
Date: April 08, 2009 08:22PM

Google puah .
I hope it will be executed , as the G owners , vendors and so on.
The google monopoly about information ( youtube , feedburner , g-news , crawling etc ) , privacy ( gmail , browser ) , isn't acceptable on the net , specially from a corporation was based on opensource philosophy .
Already there is microsoft , another?

Posted by: godzila
Date: July 29, 2009 12:41AM

Hello rvdh, really very nice and interesting news you share here. Google is great player in search engine industy and in this news i read announcement of this company that it will cost cutting exercise in other Projects. This is really strange, Because it is really strong company and i think it has no any finacial crisis. Because it is earning handsome profit on every year. Thanks for sharing nice news on this big company.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 12:57AM by thrill.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.