Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Whether this is about ha.ckers.org, sla.ckers.org or some other project you are interested in or want to talk about, throw it in here to get feedback. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Tool for searching domain TLD's?
Posted by: natron
Date: March 21, 2008 01:52PM

Is anyone aware of a tool (or web app) that will allow searching for domains across all TLD's?

It looks like Paterva Maltego (through serversniff.net) has a function that does this, but serversniff is down and I haven't been able to get this function or their webapp to work. It should be fairly simple to build a script that would do this, but before I did it I thought I'd ask.

I'm wanting to use this to help identify non-US websites for global companies. E.g. a client hires you, has no idea where all of their websites are, and part of your job is to audit a sampling of all of their websites. This is particularly common in franchise and partnership business models because each geographic location usually has a fair bit of autonomy (and therefore little or no centralized marketing/IT management).

natron

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tool for searching domain TLD's?
Posted by: natron
Date: March 21, 2008 02:41PM

Assuming I'm going to script this thing myself just to get the features I want, anyone have any idea of how to identify parked domains?

I guess you could just always grep out the <title> tag and display that in the output. It would be simple to eliminate a lot by sight that way, but when reviewing large numbers of sites it could be annoying.

This http://domainlinked.com/list-of-all-domain-name-extensions-tlds/

As a general question, does anyone have any other ideas on how to identify foreign web presences for global companies?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.