Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Whether this is about ha.ckers.org, sla.ckers.org or some other project you are interested in or want to talk about, throw it in here to get feedback. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
<------------Hacker's Wiki---------->
Posted by: darknessends
Date: February 18, 2008 11:47AM

I recently read the Ronald's post about wikipedia editing the stuff submitted by him. I thought there should be a place for us also and I was too in mood from much time to make a site that can collect all the best content of hacking at one place, where ppl. can start from their level and learn.
So what about our own wiki......just from hacking and only hacking.......?
All our XSS, CSRF, SQLInjects and all the knowledge at one place, we edit, we submit, we make it grow. We make it a standard for ppl. to look at and consider for security and attacks.
No Censorship.....nothing.....plain truth.
So the hacking community I ask you all, do you want it? is it feasible? Can we make a authenticated place for all the knowledge we have gained so far?
If yes.....I may proceed and take a little step.....registering the domain.....setting a good wiki engine.
Am not a big developer, but seriously intrested in such a project.....
If no.....bah.....still ok.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: <------------Hacker's Wiki---------->
Date: February 21, 2008 04:40AM

Hey,,,,,,,,,,at least say Yes Or No........u people are lazy enough to even reply?

Posted by: Malkav
Date: February 21, 2008 04:56AM

Yes Or No

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Posted by: id
Date: February 21, 2008 02:45PM

We've discussed the idea before, I'm all for it, just don't have the time to implement it. I might even supply the server space for it, but that would have to wait at least a couple weeks.

The biggest problem is everyone trying to exploit it, so you'll need to find some secure wiki software...

-id

Posted by: Malkav
Date: February 21, 2008 03:19PM

i don't know any security-oriented wiki around here, so maybe getting a barebone wiki, and letting .mario play with it would do the trick. i'd be happy to help on this one, but appart on building a rock-solid infrastructure, i'll be no good. i totally suck at PHP, and i don't think RoR is really on option for a high traffic wiki.

[wikiss.tuxfamily.org]

this one is in PHP (PHP-IDS natively on a wiki software anyone ?), built on the KISS principle (i know it's in french, but that's pure coincidence.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Posted by: Om
Date: February 21, 2008 11:17PM

How exactly do you think this wiki would be different from OWASP?

Please not that I do not wish to nullify your suggestion. I like it. In fact, I had a few similar thoughts, like placing accessible links to all the exploits and tools in Web App Sec world (like Portscanning using Javascript/CSS, Hackverter, Browserfry, etc. etc. etc.) under one roof.
What I wish to say that instead of staring a new wiki from scratch, why not use OWASP (may be start a new project)?

---
I'd love to change the world,
but they won't gimme the source code.
Code in my Bug!

Date: February 22, 2008 11:46AM

FOR OM :-

First Of All I would like to say it will be different from OWASP since I want to cover all of the hacking space.....I mean OWASP considers just the web application security.....we will cover all sort of security stuff.....there will be sections on different topics.....I want some application which can give me a tree like interface.....but am not able to find one.

For Malkav And id :-

I am actually a ASP.net developer.....i don't know good PHP.
I am preferring a shared ASP.net hosting for this site.....I hope we can upgrade later if the bandwidth becomes too short.
If you can provide me with server it will be great.
And before somebody exploits it.....we ourselves exploit it as much as we can.....making it better secure.
I am confused at onething.....do we need very simple interface.....or do we need good interface.....

I found these 2 wiki's in ASP.net
http://wiki.opengarden.org/ - Good features, Good Interface.
http://codeplex.com/HawkWiki - Different And Simple.
http://www.andrewfaust.com/wiki/ - Very Very Simple So Fast Loading.
http://www.high-beyond.com/perspective.aspx?action=view&page=perspective:Welcome -
Not Too Good, Still Ok.

I need you people to put some comment on these wiki's.

Or i shall make one.....that will take time.....I lack at time.....Still I will go for it, since we can add any feature then later. But the worst part is security.
Since a hackiwiki would be everybodyis favourite target.

Date: February 23, 2008 02:52PM

as far as hosting goes, I only host on freebsd, so I guess it would have to run on mono if you want asp. And on the back end we use MySQL (though I would rather use postgress). But really who cares if it is written in php or perl or whatever, it's not like we need to rewrite it...

Anyway, i am out of the country for 2 weeks, and I doubt I have any time to set it up while I'm gone, so plenty of time to discuss.

-id

Posted by: Kyran
Date: March 07, 2008 07:13PM

kuza and friends have http://www.webappsecwiki.com/ already.

- Kyran

Date: March 09, 2008 12:24PM

doesn't seem to be anything on it.

-id

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: March 09, 2008 01:37PM

There's not that much stuff on it - but two or three articles

http://www.webappsecwiki.com/Special:Random

Posted by: leyou
Date: March 12, 2008 04:06PM

There's many different wiki about hacking/security.
Maybe it's would be a good idea to concentrate everything (with the authors agreements) in the same place, covering all the subjects of IT Security ?

Does it needs much effort ?

I would be interested if you want some helps :)

Date: April 12, 2008 08:00PM

We're moved now, and we have a new employee that may be able to help with this. I don't mind hosting it if there is still interest.

-id

Date: May 14, 2008 02:54PM

AM NOT DEAD YET................
I was just out of the scene.

STOP WHEREVER THE PROGRESS HAS BEEN & ALL YOU PPL> I WANT A GENERAL HACKING WIKI, ALL THE STUFF> ANY ANY THING > Its not OWASP or Websecurity, It should be the One Stop For Everything.

SO..... id..... am back.....
And reply to the thread, its not going to die like that.

Posted by: Spyware
Date: May 15, 2008 09:10PM

darknessends Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I WANT A GENERAL HACKING WIKI, ALL THE STUFF

We can make demands now? Damn it, no one told me.

/me demands Dr. Foots.

Date: May 16, 2008 08:02AM

Never be afraid to meet to the hilt the demand of either work, or friendship - two of life's major assets.

Date: May 16, 2008 08:03AM

Property may be destroyed and money may lose its purchasing power; but, character, health, knowledge and good judgement will always be in demand under all conditions. - Roger Babson

Posted by: tx
Date: May 16, 2008 12:58PM

"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them."
- George H.W. Bush

pointless quotations... Is this thread going anywhere?

-tx @ lowtech-labs.org

Date: May 16, 2008 02:14PM

The wiki will be soon up guys.....That is all the news 4 you.

Date: May 18, 2008 07:41PM

tx Wrote:
> "I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but
> I don't always agree with them."
> - George H.W. Bush
>
> pointless quotations... Is this thread going
> anywhere?

I actually started to reply, and was going to ask the same thing, but ultimately decided to close the browser and forget it.

Awesome AnDrEw - That's The Sound Of Your Brain Crackin'
http://www.awesomeandrew.net/

Date: May 19, 2008 02:29PM

I just want to say I am serious in making that wiki, and no matter wherever the thread is going on, the plans are going smoothly, Just wait some time, Ill launch it, I will be just needing your support.

Posted by: Spyware
Date: May 22, 2008 08:35AM

darknessends Wrote:
>I will be just needing your support.

Oh, if that's all, why didn't you say so from the start? Where can I turn in my money and free time?

<------------Hacker's Wiki---------->
Date: November 19, 2008 02:27PM

Hey, I feel am back after all the havoc in my personal life. And yes the wiki will be launched recently. I have bought the domain, and yes now I need to setup the site.

Date: December 10, 2008 05:10PM

So you guys who have been waiting for the wiki, a few more days more. I know it has been months saying it will be there, But I make sure it will be there.
I will be needing your help to aggregate the content at one place.

My biggest problem uptill now was that I was not taking risk on the database. I don't want a shared hosting to shut a site like that and lock the precious database collected from elites like you people.

But more risks more gainz.

I will be back shortly with setting everything up. Pardon me for as everybody is busy there I am also a little bit.

But I am not going to leave this. I will do it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.