Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
Whether this is about ha.ckers.org, sla.ckers.org or some other project you are interested in or want to talk about, throw it in here to get feedback. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
preventing, or detect-in-advance, IE7 protected-mode warning popup
Posted by: humble
Date: July 28, 2007 11:37AM

I want to embed a PDF in a web page, so I can perform some AcroScript tricks - all works fine, except, I would prefer to avoid doing this if the browser is going to pop up a warning (eg: http://www.wvsom.edu/ComputerServices/Docs/Plugins/protected_mode.png )

Is there a way to tell in advance if IE7 is going to show this dialoge for a given object? (like - to check if protected-mode is off, and/or of the user has selected "do not show this warning" some time in the past?)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: preventing, or detect-in-advance, IE7 protected-mode warning popup
Posted by: humble
Date: July 30, 2007 10:22AM

Crap!! I only posted this a few days ago, and it's already the 5th top result in google on this topic! Man - sla.ckers.org's got some *cred* !!

I've done a lot of hunting, and cannot find the answer yet.

I'm thinking of writing a script to try a bunch of stuff, run it, not the results, then switch prot-mode off, run it again, and hope that some results are different, so this can then be used to detect it. What a hassle...

stay tuned...

Posted by: rsnake
Date: July 30, 2007 02:49PM

Hmm... that looks like a vista thing. I haven't played enough with Vista to tell you one way or another. I've used it on and off, but I'm still very much in XP land at the moment.

- RSnake
Gotta love it. http://ha.ckers.org

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: July 30, 2007 02:52PM

Yeah it's a premium feature @ VISTA's MSIE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.