Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
For any nonsense or banter that doesn't fit anywhere else. LoL! omg! ROFL! 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Beer
Posted by: jungsonn
Date: January 03, 2007 08:31PM

Since i'm loaded now, thought it would be cool to see which beer is your favorite. Forget the ponies, just beer here.

Ow, I like Grolsch & Heineken. and you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beer
Posted by: maluc
Date: January 03, 2007 10:44PM

i'm a hard liquor man myself, don't have the patience to wait for beer's effect. ^^

(nor do i care much for their taste in general) but when i do, heineken and shiner bock are my first picks

-maluc

Posted by: id
Date: January 03, 2007 11:13PM

This happens to be my area of expertise!

Every day drinking beer? Smooth amber ale. I really miss having access to all the great breweries in Colorado.
http://www.odells.com/beers/90shilling.php

Guinness in a pinch since it is everywhere, but I usually like to try what's local to an area. I live about 40 feet away from the Rogue ale house in San Francisco, so I'm a bit spoiled, as they have more than a few brews... http://www.rogue.com/brews.html Brutal Bitter is my everyday beer there, but I am usually sucking down whatever special they have on, and it's nice because they do specials from other breweries. They recently had on Saison from New Belgium Brewing Co. a great fall ale. http://newbelgium.com/beers_saison.php

There's a ton of beers I really like, I pair them with food and the season usually, people don't give beer the respect they do fine wines, when it has a much greater range to be matched with foods. (yes I like wine as well).

If I go hard liquor it's usually scotch, and my favorite is Ardbeg 25 year, though the 17 year is great as well. Lagavulin 16 in a pinch, or Talisker 18 is fine.

I could go on way too long on this subject, so I will stop :)

-id

Date: January 03, 2007 11:17PM

Oh, and another hobby, if you really love beer, homebrewing. I've made tons of great beers over the years, and it saved me quite a bit of cash in college. Lots of places to order supplies on the net, I like http://www.morebeer.com

-id

Date: January 04, 2007 10:52AM

Ghehe that rocks! I'm going to make r00t-beer, as in rootbeer. ^^ my personal brand.

I like Guinness also, but not in cans.
In my country it's not popular and it's hard to get except in irish pubs.

As for the hard liquor, i'm a pussy on that one. I tend to drink a good wodka or vodka when it's cold. plus it has a nice aftereffect like no or less hangovers then with beer.

Date: January 04, 2007 10:53AM

Oh i forgot Corona once in a while.

Posted by: adam
Date: January 04, 2007 01:21PM

corona/kronenburg/budvar/sol/peroni/san miguel

all the beer you need ^^

Posted by: rsnake
Date: January 04, 2007 06:29PM

I'm more a fan of the ales lately... Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, etc..

- RSnake
Gotta love it. http://ha.ckers.org

Posted by: Mephisto
Date: January 05, 2007 07:29PM

Heineken, Corona but my favorites are Wheat beers...Boulevard Wheat and any German wheat beer, such as hefeweizen's (sp?)

Date: January 06, 2007 02:09PM

For wheat beers my favorite is Easy Street Wheat from Odell's. Though I had a couple great dark wheat beers in Germany, wish I remembered their names, I enjoyed them a lot more than the pilsners.

-id

Date: January 06, 2007 03:03PM

I'm on 'desperados' it's frech I believe, with little tequila in it.

Posted by: adam
Date: January 07, 2007 06:24PM

i have two of them with awesome labels.. but i've been saving them.. what for im not really sure..

Date: January 09, 2007 07:28PM

@id

My two favorite beer's while in Germany were Erdinger (Wheat Beer) and Dunkels (Dark Beer).

Did you ever drink a ColaWeizen when you were there? 1/2 beer 1/2 coke....actually pretty good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2007 07:29PM by Mephisto.

Date: January 10, 2007 04:01AM

I also know this stuff, but do you know of red wine with coke? It's really good I must say. I lerned it from some russian.

Date: January 10, 2007 11:48AM

I went there for Octoberfest a few years ago, but I really don't care for pilsners, and was pretty disappointed in the beer overall. We ended up going to Neuschwanstein Castle at one point though and a small brew house near the bottom of the mountain had a great dunkel, was my favorite beer in Germany, but I can't remember it's name :(

I haven't drank coke or any soft drink for about 14 years, so no on the mixes.

-id

Date: January 10, 2007 09:52PM

@jungsonn - Red wine and coke? hmmm...

@id - Yeah, I've accidently tasted cleaning solvents that were better than pilsner beer!

Date: January 11, 2007 05:37PM

How do you accidentally taste cleaning solvent?

- RSnake

Posted by: maluc
Date: January 12, 2007 02:24AM

ya.. i wasn't gunna say anything.. but you gotta wonder how good a judge one can be when they've been ingesting cleaning solvents (note plural, implying multiple occasions).

And what that might do to their taste buds .-.

-maluc

Posted by: Dave
Date: January 12, 2007 06:05AM

I'm a German, so I probably was born to love beer ;)

Red wine with coke is called "Korea", white wine with coke "South Korea".
Wheat beer with coke is called "ColaWeizen", or in Bavaria "neger"...which sounds discriminating and probaby is...

I have to say that since the soccer world cup was in Germany, and Bud was a sponsor, we had to drink that beer... and I didn't suit to our taste.

I love Rothaus and Beck's ;)

Maybe next year when I'll live in California for a while, US beer can convince me..

Date: January 12, 2007 11:26AM

Start with the Colorado micro brews if you want convincing!

- RSnake

Date: January 12, 2007 12:12PM

Haha Korea... that's cool. I'll remember that.

Posted by: eyeced
Date: January 15, 2007 05:50PM

I guess Beer is such as big like topic in America, the fact that you have to wait till your 21 is probably the main reason. I mean if you live in Europe the drinking age is mainly 16-18 which makes it more of a way of life than something you get excited about or show off about, im not saying thats what your doing, but i mean in the media it seems that in the US if someone drinks below 21 its like a really big deal, you guys must love it being able to when you get the chance to. Being quite the raver that i am, i enjoy John Smiths, Tetleys, Calsberg and southern comfort. You should try... sex to the mouth. (if you have to much this make become quite literal)

Date: January 15, 2007 05:53PM

Been drinking since I was about 13, guessing most kids in the US that want alcohol don't have that hard of a time getting it. Though it was until I was about 19 before I really appreciated the flavor of a good drink.

-id

Date: January 16, 2007 05:20AM

Ghehe yes.. in my country the age is around 16 for booze, on the otherhand you may go for your drivers license until you are 18 here. Which makes good for the booz at 16 I guess. But 21 ouch... that late.

Date: January 16, 2007 10:55PM

funny, I had my drivers license at 15, and in some states, if you work on a farm, you can get it at 14. Some states had a drinking age of 18, but the federal government wouldn't give them funds for highways until they changed it to 21. Fucking prudes.

-id

Posted by: malorn
Date: January 20, 2007 03:37AM

Fat Tire, 2 Below, Sierra Nevada, Pyramid Amber Ale, Samuel Adams Boston Ale

Date: January 20, 2007 04:08AM

funny, I had a six pack of 2 below tonight. Then um..lots of other beers.

"you're pretty, no no no, yes, ok, ignore the ropes"

-id

Posted by: kozanaybar
Date: January 20, 2007 10:38AM

Efes Pilsen (turkish trademark :) )

Posted by: chillervalley
Date: January 23, 2007 12:39PM

stiegl is the best. i think noone here will know it. its an austrian beer ;)

Posted by: nEUrOO
Date: February 03, 2007 05:16PM

Every day: New Castle/Harp/Guinness/Heineken
I miss some good beers such as Paulaner but cannot find it here (US)
Used to drink DogFish Head beers (some of them are really good)!

nEUrOO -- http://rgaucher.info -- http://twitter.com/rgaucher

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.