Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
For any nonsense or banter that doesn't fit anywhere else. LoL! omg! ROFL! 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
"What is your mothers maiden name?"
Posted by: Kyran
Date: November 24, 2006 08:01PM

Is anyone else getting sick of passwords as a form of authentication?
As well as the other multiple factors that usually entail a registration to something?

Dozens of forums, blogs, and other things I need to be registered to access. Luckily for me I'm good with numbers. Most of my passwords are random digits, but it gets to be a pain managing it all. I don't want them to be remembered by any password managing software or similar systems.

I'm inches away from keeping all my passwords on a sheet of paper in a locked briefcase made of random digits and numbers.

- Kyran

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "What is your mothers maiden name?"
Posted by: jungsonn
Date: November 24, 2006 11:08PM

I use the the program from Bruce Schneier, password safe: http://www.schneier.com/passsafe.html

It's a excellent way of maintaining all your passwords with one master password to unlock them all when you need too.

But, that with that "mothers maiden name" is an awfull security risk, many personal records are being published day by day, and becomes far to easy to trace down online.

Date: November 25, 2006 01:59PM

When email accounts require me to type in a secret message, I always fill up with garbage. First of all, no, I don't have a pet, second of all, no, I don't want my secret question brute forced.

Posted by: id
Date: November 26, 2006 02:21AM

I'm with jungsonn on this, password safe is a great way to use unique passwords for everything, and there is a decent cross-platform frontend http://www.fpx.de/fp/Software/Gorilla/

-id

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.