Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
For any nonsense or banter that doesn't fit anywhere else. LoL! omg! ROFL! 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Rainbow tables for SHA1 hashes...
Posted by: istari
Date: August 24, 2008 12:34PM

OK, so I got a few MD5 and SHA1 hashes I'd like to crack (who doesn't ;-D ), and although for MD5 hashes I found many decent rainbow tables (freerainbowtables.com is massive!), for SHA1 hashes I can't find anything quite as good...

Any suggestions? Or should I get a hashing program and start making my own tables?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rainbow tables for SHA1 hashes...
Posted by: id
Date: August 25, 2008 12:20AM

It's something I've been meaning to do as well, I've got about 12 CPUs I could put on the job, 2 more if I use our admin's box...

-id

Posted by: aew
Date: August 25, 2008 07:52AM

Jkain is a free extremely fast (~4-5 hashes per second) MD5 & SHA-1 hash reverser. It's written in java. Only for unsalted hashes!

http://timtux.net/jkain/

Posted by: Matt Presson
Date: August 25, 2008 09:35AM

try hashcrack.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(ú=(θ='',[µ=!(Φ=!θ+{})+θ,Θ=Φ[ø=+!θ]+Φ[+θ],ĩ=µ[ø],Ø=µ[º=ø+++ø],Ç=Φ[º+ø],à=ú[Φ[º+º]+Φ[+θ]+Ç+ĩ]][Ø+Ç+Θ])())[ĩ+à('•êí')](Ç+à('Á«)'))

Date: August 25, 2008 09:45AM

@id: I have only one decent CPU to put on the job (which is my personal box, so I may not even be able to put it to work 24/7), and maybe a really crappy one too. It'd be really cool to have my own SHA1 rainbow tables, though, so I'm all for it... However, I don't have any experience doing this, so I really wouldn't know where to start (as I'm not going to try and make a huge text file containing SHA1 hashes calculated in Python :-D )

@aew: From what I see in the site you link, that's a frontend to someone's private rainbow tables. If this is so, have you tried them at all? Can you vouch for the data in tables (i.e. is it anything close to enough)? And even more importantly: can you vouch for the software this guy's offering?

@Matt: Thanks for the link! It looks like a nice table, although with 24.514.755 unique entries I'm guessing it's probably based on some kind of dictionary, and not on an exhaustive list...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2008 09:53AM by istari.

Posted by: Matt Presson
Date: August 25, 2008 07:36PM

The site is based upon a dictionary. If I remember correctly, the site will actually update its tables if there are entries that you put in that it does not have.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if it has SQLi???????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(ú=(θ='',[µ=!(Φ=!θ+{})+θ,Θ=Φ[ø=+!θ]+Φ[+θ],ĩ=µ[ø],Ø=µ[º=ø+++ø],Ç=Φ[º+ø],à=ú[Φ[º+º]+Φ[+θ]+Ç+ĩ]][Ø+Ç+Θ])())[ĩ+à('•êí')](Ç+à('Á«)'))

Date: August 26, 2008 01:01PM

Hehe, if you found one you could corrupt the data in the tables and say it's for the protection of everyone's passwords. Of course, you'd have to download everything before doing that, just to make sure the data was there in first place ;-)

Posted by: Kyo
Date: August 27, 2008 07:53AM

Or you could use it to query the database...

...IN A MUCH MORE ELITE WAY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.