Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
For any nonsense or banter that doesn't fit anywhere else. LoL! omg! ROFL! 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Please help me in choosing web hosting
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: July 19, 2008 10:49AM

Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please help me in choosing web hosting
Date: July 19, 2008 10:56AM

Yeah bluehost sucks. Since you are getting only 200 visitors per day you site is low traffic which I would say is ideal for hosting yourself, provided you have broadband. Other than that I don't know who to recommend, I ditched webhosts long ago, you have no control over what is installed, the security, and yes even 'resource limits'.

Posted by: id
Date: July 19, 2008 12:47PM

for $5 a month, I can't see how you can go wrong assuming you don't have sensitive information on it....worst case you lose a big mac and fries?

-id

Posted by: DoctorDan
Date: July 19, 2008 08:46PM

I've used inmotion in the past, and it has been fine.

Date: July 19, 2008 10:21PM

CrYpTiC_MauleR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah bluehost sucks. Since you are getting only
> 200 visitors per day you site is low traffic which
> I would say is ideal for hosting yourself,
> provided you have broadband. Other than that I
> don't know who to recommend, I ditched webhosts
> long ago, you have no control over what is
> installed, the security, and yes even 'resource
> limits'.
Is that why I can never get to your website?

Awesome AnDrEw - That's The Sound Of Your Brain Crackin'
http://www.awesomeandrew.net/

Posted by: thrill
Date: July 19, 2008 10:50PM

@Andrew - no, you can't get to his site because you have been deemed an 3r33t0 h4x0r and your IP has been added to his database for automatic blocking. ;)

--thrill

---

It is not the degrees you hold, but the mind you possess. - thrill

Posted by: MAdhaTTer-240
Date: July 20, 2008 08:34AM

Awesome AnDrEw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CrYpTiC_MauleR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yeah bluehost sucks. Since you are getting only
> > 200 visitors per day you site is low traffic
> which
> > I would say is ideal for hosting yourself,
> > provided you have broadband. Other than that I
> > don't know who to recommend, I ditched webhosts
> > long ago, you have no control over what is
> > installed, the security, and yes even 'resource
> > limits'.
> Is that why I can never get to your website?

Oh man.... I was SOOOO going to call him on that... hehehe. good one ;) its been like 2 months now...

Posted by: Malkav
Date: July 20, 2008 03:30PM

cryptic is registered as a 1337 h4x0r in every single db in the world by now. kevin mitnick can phear for is (non)reputation.

if your project is to grow i'd recommend [www.typhon.eu]
it's a small human sized ISP, specialized in hosting bizarre/exotic/funky projects i worked for a few years ago. they host many great stuff, does a real great job in support. not that i am biased at all ;) (hey with three guys we were on 24/7/2 intervention time) they cost a little more than your average 1U-sweat-workshop, but trust me, that's not lost money :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Date: July 20, 2008 07:01PM

>>Is that why I can never get to your website?

Its because my server is well been turned off for as long as I can remember. I only turn it on when I need to, since my site is basically void of any content. I just really don't have time to do much on it, maybe after I'm done with school...or maybe never O.O

>>@Andrew - no, you can't get to his site because you have been deemed an 3r33t0 h4x0r and your IP has been added to his database for automatic blocking. ;)

Firewall and Apache blocks everyone by default except trusted IPs. So technically you are all banned 1337 hackers, because I's scurred of them h4x0rz =o(

>>cryptic is registered as a 1337 h4x0r in every single db in the world by now. kevin mitnick can phear for is (non)reputation.

I'm on the no-fly list beat that!...ok maybe not, but with over 1 million on the list chances are I have made it on.

Posted by: Dexter
Date: October 25, 2013 04:26AM

I have no idea about that site which you specified.Because yet I didn't use it.
There are plenty of Web Hosting companies available in online.You need to choose the best one.It is hard to find it.I would suggest some points to select best web hosting provider
1.Search in Google or Yahoo for web hosting search.
2.Select five providers among them.
3.Compare those providers with each other.
4.Read reviews about them and customer rating of the companies.
5.Find out the company existence.
6.Consider their Web hosting services,plans,features and price.
Using these points you can select the best one. I would recommend the site 9cubehosting.com here you can get web hosting service at low price.It is Linux absed web hosting.I have been using their services for the past one year yet I didn't get any issue related to my hosting.I am happy and also satisfied with my service provider.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.