Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
For any nonsense or banter that doesn't fit anywhere else. LoL! omg! ROFL! 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
That's why you know China is dangerous.
Posted by: Log0
Date: June 28, 2008 10:52PM

This ain't webappsec, but I thought someone might want to learn what's in China first-hand.

I was in Shanghai last night and met this on the street. A cop came to me and coerced met to take my camera to check my photos and my identification, and naturally you think it is OK to ask what's happening, but he threatened me with THIS : "I am telling you again, there is NO law. And even if you know what is the law we are talking about it, I WILL guarantee that you will regret deeply about it, and there is nothing you can do about it even if you know anything about it" ( Ok, I translated it, and I can speak Mandarin ).

Man, if you guys go to China, becareful. I know if I ever asked that cop again I will get pulled to the cell cuffed. Jeez, that's Shanghai, ain't that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: That's why you know China is dangerous.
Posted by: Malkav
Date: July 02, 2008 08:09AM

and various commercial entities see they're laptop seized, data dumped and analyzed. and all the five stars palace in major cities have special rooms for chinese operatives. and, and and.

read "People information warfare". we are totally fucked. they're the only guv to have such massive expertise and deployment of means in information warfare. sure the murkans have a pretty cybercommand, and us frenchies are quite good at dev'ing nasty virus and worms (oh we need to send a plane over there. but they have radars and drones and stuff. hey why should we waste good money to create a furtive plane, when we can tell the radar "TEH PLANE IS A LIE" with a few lines of C ? power through cheapness ;)

chinese guv & private orgs linked to their guv will be the major threat of the next ten years. i advise you to read dancho danchev's blog too (ddanched.blogspot.com) on this subject

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Re: That's why you know China is dangerous.
Posted by: Log0
Date: July 12, 2008 01:12PM

Thanks for the link, that's a very good link indeed.

Yea, the Chinese are scary, they are laying out their The Great Firewall v2 already, to be completed by the time Olympics starts. Jeez...

Umm... private orgs, yea... these are the nasty ones too... you never know who they are and where they are, they reside in the darkness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.