Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
For any nonsense or banter that doesn't fit anywhere else. LoL! omg! ROFL! 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Shameless endorsement of a new website
Posted by: thrill
Date: March 10, 2008 12:34PM

Okay, so normally I wouldn't post things here that were not related to what goes on here (granny pr0n, etc), but today I came across a site which I believe is long overdue.

I had actually spoken to a friend of mine regarding creating a site like this, but without the financial resource (or the least bit idea on how to gather the information), I'm glad someone else took the time to do it right.

The site is called Rate My Cop (apologies to our foreign members, this is UScentric).

Why am I endorsing this site you might ask, well, let me tell you a little story..

You guys might remember when my Mac Mini was stolen about a year ago, well, this was not the only item to be stolen out of my car. I filed a report with the California Highway Patrol back then and listed all the items 'missing' from my car after it was towed. The CHP opened an investigation shortly after I made the initial report and within a few days my Mac Mini had been returned by the towing company. They claimed it 'somehow got out of the car and hid itself in a corner of the building while we were inventorying the car'.

At this point I'm thinking they just nailed their own coffin, but this was not the case. The good'ol boys network got together, and with the great investigative techniques used by the CHP, it was deemed that the rest of the items that disappeared from my car was just my imagination. I'm actually amazed they didn't try to charge me for filing a false report.

For almost a year I've thought about this, and at times I've wanted to write back to the captain who sent me the letter telling me that "after a careful investigation, we find no proof that any items were stolen by the tow truck company" (even after they admitted to having found my mac mini)..

Anyway, so now I get to say my peace.. I'm going home and looking for the names of the people involved. It is time to hold these people accountable for everything they do.

So go Digg It!! and if you have some info to share, please do so! Thanks! You may now return to your previously scheduled XSS session.

--thrill

---

It is not the degrees you hold, but the mind you possess. - thrill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2008 12:35PM by thrill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shameless endorsement of a new website
Posted by: digi7al64
Date: March 10, 2008 10:36PM

http://cbs13.com/local/rate.a.cop.2.673410.html

wow - seems like you are going to make a lot of friends.

----------
'Just because you got the bacon, lettuce, and tomato don't mean I'm gonna give you my toast.'

Posted by: Malkav
Date: March 11, 2008 04:34AM

knowing thrill, i'd say he is rolling on the floor laughing since the first digg. expect your local attorney to knock at your door soon (but hey, that's what the first amendment is about no ? come on RateMyTSAOfficer.com :o)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Date: March 11, 2008 11:51AM

I don't need any friends, I have 2 yellow labs!

But I'm not the one that submitted it to digg, someone else did. I originally saw it on my Local CBS station which is the same article digi7al linked to.

And if the FBI didn't come knocking at my door back in 1995 when I was into browsing other people's systems and using the same netcom servers that were being watched by the FBI looking for Mitnick, I doubt they'll come knocking at my door now.

But RateMyJudge.com which might include some video of them driving under the influence of alcohol might get me in trouble.. :)

--thrill

---

Posted by: digi7al64
Date: March 12, 2008 01:23AM

lol - http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/03/godaddy-silence.html

----------
'Just because you got the bacon, lettuce, and tomato don't mean I'm gonna give you my toast.'

Date: March 12, 2008 09:02AM

Leave it to GoDaddy to once again "save the day" and remove what it deems as "suspicious activity". Fuck GoDaddy! I'll never use them, or their shitty services.

Awesome AnDrEw - That's The Sound Of Your Brain Crackin'
http://www.awesomeandrew.net/

Date: March 12, 2008 12:01PM

These are the times I wish I had tons of bandwidth.. if I wasn't sure these guys would bring my measly DSL line down to a crawl, I'd offer to host them.

But that was a funny blog entry.. I love the part of 80k visitors today, 400k yesterday, but today they went over their bandwidth alocation due to 'suspicios' activity.. heh.. gotta love the freedom of speech we still possess in this country.. as long as we don't share it with anyone, we still have it.

--thrill

---

Posted by: id
Date: March 12, 2008 05:31PM

private companies aren't required to protect your freedom of speech! The problem is they are not conforming to ICANN's policies and are breaking the law (no not the first amendment).

-id

Posted by: Kyran
Date: March 14, 2008 08:15PM

https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/about/terms.php

Mmm. TACOS.

- Kyran

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.