Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
The ha.ckers.org and sla.ckers.org web application security lab house rules and a place for you to introduce yourself if you like. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Just saying hello
Posted by: trev
Date: January 23, 2007 06:42AM

I have written a few posts here now so I might introduce myself just as well. I am Wladimir Palant, author of the Adblock Plus extension for Gecko browsers. I came across this site when looking for discussions of Gecko's bug 292789 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=292789 - this bug allows detection of installed Firefox extensions, something that I successfully closed in the latest version of Adblock Plus and which will hopefully receive a proper treatment in Gecko soon. I have been very busy reading old discussions here, that's really tons of useful information. It seems that my knowledge of web application security was too theoretical and too much focused on making my own applications secure. I would have never imagined how neglected and mistreated the topic XSS really is on the internet - thanks for making me take a look.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just saying hello
Posted by: WhiteAcid
Date: January 23, 2007 06:53AM

I'm glad we have someone like you here. Should add to the fun :D

Don't forget our IRC: irc://irc.irchighway.net/#slackers
-WhiteAcid - your friendly, very lazy, web developer

Posted by: Kyran
Date: January 23, 2007 09:07AM

Excellent! Welcome to the Forums.

- Kyran

Posted by: rsnake
Date: January 23, 2007 03:48PM

Trev, you are very welcome here. Ad blocking is a bit of a passion of mine actually. I was getting pretty radical about the ways I was doing it, including a bunch of greasemonkey plugins, etc... I finally started relying more on the original version of adblock and writing custom rules but when I got another machine I downloaded adblock plus and was surprised to find that almost all the rules I had written were in fact already in adblock plus's default rules. Very cool! You are most welcome!

- RSnake
Gotta love it. http://ha.ckers.org

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.