Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
The ha.ckers.org and sla.ckers.org web application security lab house rules and a place for you to introduce yourself if you like. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Web App Sec Study Buddy/ies
Posted by: Pwdrkeg
Date: July 14, 2011 02:21PM

Hello All,

I'm new to web app sec, and I'm trying to get my feet wet. I've found in the past that learning in a group is sometimes more effective.

Anyone interested in learning together? Acting at least as a sounding board for each other is great.

I believe that you can truly learn quicker from playing off each other's strengths.

If anyone is interested send me a PM, or just reply here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Web App Sec Study Buddy/ies
Posted by: id
Date: July 20, 2011 12:37PM

That's basically what people are doing here, if you have a topic you're interested in just post and people will chime in.

-id

Posted by: Pwdrkeg
Date: July 20, 2011 04:37PM

I'm was thinking about a bit more active methods.

Working together to tackle vulnerable applications and such.

Plus, I find that when your a newbie it's intimidating to ask questions that you know are perceived as simple to more advanced folks.

When you are working together on tasks, it's more of a collaborative method.

Just my thoughts.

Posted by: Netwalker
Date: July 24, 2011 05:43PM

That is correct,,am a newbie myself,people are fast in calling you a "n00b.scrIPt kiddle" when you ask a question that is "simple" to them..Will drop you a pm!

Posted by: lightos
Date: July 26, 2011 12:29AM

I don't think anyone calls anyone a n00b here, but sometimes people hesitate to answer simple questions because the answer can be easily found through google or other sources. Part about what being a hacker is means being able to research and find the information on your own.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.