Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
The ha.ckers.org and sla.ckers.org web application security lab house rules and a place for you to introduce yourself if you like. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Hello there
Date: July 21, 2010 06:09PM

I'm very much new to much of the security world. I've done a bit of programming in C, Java, and Perl (and very little Python). I'm just starting college this fall, so I hope to learn much over the coming years...be it in a class or on my own; I'm guessing it will be the latter when it comes to security-related matters.

On a side note, I am currently taking part in a security-oriented research internship, wherein the goal is to learn how to research rather than produce results. Still, though, it's provided me a good lead-in to security concepts and techniques - especially XSS. I'm having fun with it, and I hope to continue work like this in the future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello there
Posted by: Gareth Heyes
Date: July 22, 2010 02:42AM

Welcome

Check out the obfuscation section of the forums to learn more deep understanding of XSS plus you can freak your college tutors out with non-alphanum code

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.";
labs : [www.businessinfo.co.uk]
blog : [www.thespanner.co.uk]
Hackvertor : [hackvertor.co.uk]

Posted by: thrill
Date: July 22, 2010 02:30PM

@Gareth - you know that's just going to confuse the crap out of the guy even more.. like me! ;)

--thrill

---

It is not the degrees you hold, but the mind you possess. - thrill

Date: July 22, 2010 03:17PM

It may confuse me now, but I have this habit of reading up on stuff til I completely understand it. I'd rather do that than be presented with something I already know.

Posted by: Gareth Heyes
Date: July 22, 2010 03:30PM

Cool you'll fit right in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.";
labs : [www.businessinfo.co.uk]
blog : [www.thespanner.co.uk]
Hackvertor : [hackvertor.co.uk]

Date: July 22, 2010 03:44PM

:) That's what I like to hear. Seems like a good community here, from the (admittedly very little) I've read so far. Is there an IRC channel as well?

Posted by: thornmaker
Date: August 04, 2010 10:26PM

there is an irc channel:
#slackers at irc.freenode.net (iirc)

Posted by: Fate
Date: April 23, 2012 05:53AM

My E-mail is mingyunfate@gmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.