Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
The ha.ckers.org and sla.ckers.org web application security lab house rules and a place for you to introduce yourself if you like. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Introductions
Posted by: clayfox
Date: January 20, 2009 04:09PM

Hello.

I have always enjoyed breaking solutions. I studied math, and I was that jerk who pointed out the counterexample or fringe case to the proposed solution.

I was introduced to web app security on 04/09/2008 and I haven't been able to stop researching and testing my own and my colleagues sites. I think I love it. Can you love a concept? I guess if you can have a war on Terror, then I can love web app security.

-clayfox

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thornmaker
Date: January 20, 2009 05:50PM

*You* can love all concepts, but there will always exist concepts which are not loved. To prove this, consider the following example:

Let X be a set of all people who are unloved. X is non empty since clearly id AND thrill both belong to X. Now I assert that each element of X is also conceivable. Clearly id and thrill were both conceived (just ask their respective mothers) as were every other person in set X since they are by definition persons. If you're of a religious persuasion, you could argue that the original persons, say adam and eve, were not conceived, but they clearly are not in X since they are loved by many. So we've established that elements of X are conceivable and not loved. By definition, conceivable objects can be called concepts. Thus each element of X can be considered a concept. Thus each element of X is a concept, and by construction, also unloved. QED.

On a related note... say C is the set consisting of all counter-examples. Are all elements of C conceivable?

Posted by: id
Date: January 20, 2009 05:57PM

someone needs a hug.

-id

Posted by: thornmaker
Date: January 21, 2009 10:37AM

but... but... that would ruin my perfectly constructed proof!

Posted by: holiman
Date: January 26, 2009 03:07AM

Hi,
I've just registered, but have been reading RSnake a long time - I got interested in webappsec in -06, when I worked at Yahoo, then got *really* interested after hearing Jeremiah Grossman speak about hacking intranets. Since then I've kept learning more and more.

I found this forum a while ago, when you guys had that competition for a javascript self replicating worm - that was some cool stuff!

Originally, I am a programmer (Java, J2me, C/C++, Javascript and recently python, smalltalk). Have a little baby, she just woke up, gotta run!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 03:23AM by holiman.

Posted by: virgoman
Date: February 19, 2009 03:55AM

hi,

i'm a daily reader of this forum and RSnake.........currently working on web app sec and PT.

Looking for some new information here

Virgoman

Posted by: blackcode
Date: March 12, 2009 07:02PM

heyy people..

student studying for network security from sg.
my most interest lies in web security n network forensics. hopefully here to share knowledge and gain more for you n me! :D

regards
k, john

Posted by: thrill
Date: April 23, 2009 02:06AM

Hey surecool73, I'm thrill and I'm thrilled you're thrilled. And if you tell us where you read the great reviews, we'll make sure to change those ASAP! Welcome aboard!

--thrill

---

It is not the degrees you hold, but the mind you possess. - thrill

Posted by: solf
Date: July 17, 2009 06:46PM

Sup people from this board.

I'm solf.. just starting in IT.

I want to create a full service internet bureau in the near future.

Though, i don't have much code skill, only some HTML/CSS/Javascript.

Because i don't really have the skills/time to do allot of projects myself i have hired 20 Indian people to get things done.

We already did 4/5 projects in 2 months and they're looking fine and customers are very satisfied.

Though, a friend of me, from the Netherlands checked the security and he XSS'd one of my projects in 2/3 minutes. So that's why i'm here. I Want to know how to secure the websites against any attacks.

Just want to have the basics setup done. I know the Indian poeple should do this, but i want to know how this works myself aswell, so i can demand some coding from my Indian associates.

So, if you have any tips or what-so-ever, links / papers i can read to get the basics done for my websites, besides learning PHP / My SQL/ Ajax and XHTML etc. please let me know.

I'll be reading all posts on this forum to keep updated.

Big cheers to all skilled poeple, i want your knowledge =)

Posted by: 900913
Date: July 27, 2009 06:51PM

This seams like an intersting forum. I hope you dont mind if I lurk here for a while and learn.
cheers

Date: August 11, 2009 08:22PM

Hi everyone. It's nice to be here. I am more of a hobbyist with networking and the like though I have in the past worked a ticket system for a datacenter. Mostly I'm a classical and jazz pianist. Nothing special

Nice to meet you all.

Posted by: micr0
Date: September 16, 2009 01:36PM

hey micr0 here i m from iNDIA
i knw somehow abt sql inj ,XSS

Date: September 17, 2009 12:00AM

are you very small?

-id

Posted by: rvdh
Date: September 17, 2009 01:16AM

Petit! Yay!

Posted by: d0ctr-X
Date: October 03, 2009 01:28PM

hello world :D

you can call me d0ctr-X . Im a self taught programmer, a c0mp security guys wanna make my career in VA and PT , i am a computer science student ,also doin a job in a small IT company,
i 10ve playin9 with my gadgetz

thanks you Rsnake and friends for creating and maintaing such a nice forum..

have a nice week every0ne :)

Posted by: Track404
Date: January 05, 2010 06:54PM

This is my Introduction:

++ <end>

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this great ambiguous community.

Posted by: diehard
Date: January 14, 2010 01:27PM

Hi from Ukraine!
My interests: web-hack, web-coding, black SEO.

Date: January 14, 2010 09:27PM

Welcome to sla John McClane!

-id

Posted by: jibsn
Date: February 04, 2010 02:59AM

Hello every one,

i m newbie for sla.ckers.org
i have intrested in business forum

Posted by: slackguru
Date: March 03, 2010 02:36AM

Where to start??? My first computer experience was when I was 7. I got a TRS80 for Christmas that I thought would replace my Atari. Boy was I wrong, but that Atari processor sure was a great compliment to the GIANT 64K of memory that trash80 had. Mom said no more computer parts until I did my homework with what I was given. How the fuck am I supposed to print mom?

I ran a FIDO mail stop for years, first off my OmenBBS, then onto VBBS on the Amiga and then again VBBS on DOS.

All the while working with original DOS on those old Apples at school. If all this info doesn't date me then you're all too young.

Now, I'm a dyed in the wool Slackware user in love with BSD and running UBUNTU, of all things. My background is in penetration testing and I ran my own consultancy for 4 years until an incredible bankruptcy in '04. Now I am just trying to find my way back to THE PATH. There is only one.

The Open Source community has lost sight of where they were going, UBUNTU being proof.

Useful Knowledge: I am very familiar with the METROII language.

Date: March 03, 2010 07:44AM

@slackguru - not only did you date yourself but brought back some great memories as well.. welcome aboard my fellow SysOp!

--thrill

---

Posted by: SAS
Date: March 08, 2010 06:56PM

TRS80? Sounds like a drum-machine to me. Oh that was the TR-808

Posted by: nareshsingal
Date: March 18, 2010 03:20AM

hi...I am from India...I am here to learn more about networking...

http://vaastunaresh.com

Posted by: llvllatrix
Date: April 15, 2010 07:33AM

Hi All,

I used to do graphics (OpenGL) and large scale apps. Now I'm trying to design things securely.

I read specs for fun. I've been through sites like OWASP and parts of the major RFCs. My favorite is RFC 2324.

I'm deadliest with Python and Vim.

Date: April 15, 2010 10:43AM

I read specs for fun

sick bastard.. welcome aboard!

--thrill

---

Posted by: Gareth Heyes
Date: April 15, 2010 10:58AM

They'll fit right in

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.";
labs : [www.businessinfo.co.uk]
blog : [www.thespanner.co.uk]
Hackvertor : [hackvertor.co.uk]

Posted by: Menztrual
Date: June 28, 2010 04:42AM

Howdy guys, I'm Menztrual. I started in the security scene in 2004 and have come back after finally being able to give up this life ruining addiction called "WoW" that I've been on for the last 12 months...

Due to old places I used to hang out now dead as well as fellow coders disappearing; I'm hoping to find a new home at slackers to re-touch up my skills, get back to where I left off and find some new buddies in the security scene.

Posted by: Reiners
Date: June 28, 2010 06:55AM

weird name ... but welcome =)

Date: June 28, 2010 07:35AM

yes.. weird name.. sounds like it might be a problem once a month.. and yes.. welcome!

--thrill

---

Posted by: lightos
Date: June 28, 2010 01:11PM

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&cn=Menztrual
I assume that's you?

Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.