Cenzic 232 Patent
Paid Advertising
sla.ckers.org is
ha.ckers sla.cking
Sla.ckers.org
The ha.ckers.org and sla.ckers.org web application security lab house rules and a place for you to introduce yourself if you like. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Introductions
Posted by: Malkav
Date: February 23, 2008 04:03PM

whoops. wrong page. bad me

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dex
Date: March 10, 2008 06:51AM

Hey!

I'm reading the forum for about a year, and now I think I've read enough and be ready for registering and to post something :-)
for living I'm selling christmastrees in december and drive trucks...and, thanks to rsnake, I'm currently writing my diploma-thesis on webappsec (because of his blog, I got interested in this topic)...

so greets to all and keep up the good work!

dex

Posted by: thornmaker
Date: March 10, 2008 06:58PM

thanks to rsnake, I became an ophidiophobiac...

Posted by: rsnake
Date: March 17, 2008 06:30PM

RoflMao, Nurbo and especially dex (glad you have you!) - it's good to see some fresh faces in here! Welcome!

- RSnake
Gotta love it. http://ha.ckers.org

Posted by: Hector
Date: March 18, 2008 08:18AM

Hector here.
I found this forum on a link at Darkreading.
Although I was busy long ago with assembly and C coding (yes, I'm THAT old!), I'm more of what you call a network guy nowadays. Along this line the interrest for security kept coming to surface.

Greetz!

Date: March 18, 2008 08:49AM

Wow... our first reader from DarkReading! I never thought it would happen! ;) Welcome! id is our local networking guru, so please direct routing/firewalling/switching questions to him.

- RSnake

Date: March 19, 2008 10:04AM

oh ? i would have thought id was here for the booze and fragge's sister ?

my bad. really.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Date: March 19, 2008 10:12AM

Yes, but in his spare time he's also good at networking.

- RSnake

Posted by: cetus
Date: March 26, 2008 03:22PM

Hey!

Dont remember how I came across .ckers, best chance is gnucitizen, but Ive been reading for some time now your articles ( and not even close to openin the 'new posts ) and just wanted to say ThQ for the great job your doin here. So thank you and keep up the good work.

- tech. mintrubber tryn to be a sla.cker

Date: April 23, 2008 01:09PM

Welcome cetus! Yah, there's a lot of old and good content on the boards, so take your time and read some of the older stuff. There's some really good older threads.

- RSnake

Date: April 24, 2008 06:18AM

some threads definitely needs quick links. they are hidden so deep down the forum that it's a pain to get to them.

--Benjamin Franklin

Date: April 24, 2008 08:13AM

We could add a hot topics thread that included links to the stuff we think are important and make it sticky, but then we're doing a lot of maintenance to make sure that list is regularly pruned.

- RSnake

Date: April 24, 2008 08:48AM

what would really be great (and miss in BBS software in general) would be a thread evaluation system by the users (only participating ones ? or everybody ? both have pros and cons) weighting it's ranking. still newest thread/update first, but more chance to see highly "ranked" threads on the first page.

web two point oohey 80's BBS !! retrohype !!

--Benjamin Franklin

Posted by: id
Date: April 24, 2008 02:16PM

I'll add a modem pool and only allow access for the l337.

-id

Date: April 24, 2008 03:28PM

with the number of 56k modems serving has backup access on highend hardware (EMC symmetrix bays, E25K, whatever) maybe it's time to get back to our wardialers... (trash digging for loopback trunks anyone ?)

--Benjamin Franklin

Posted by: Zoiz
Date: May 24, 2008 11:06AM

Hi, RSnake, id, and everyone around here. I've been ha.ckers.org reader for almost a year. Thank you for creating such a nice blog and forum! I am from Indonesia

-Jackson

Posted by: r3ck0rd
Date: May 24, 2008 11:42AM

Hey there! Just stepped by!
Found this board from one of my friend, Zoiz :)

My name's r3ck0rd, from Indonesia, own my own blog -> reckord.info
Yah, lot of junks and trashes there, but I hope you like some of the content =]

I know it sucks, but I admit it: I'm a Vista user (yes you know that, [v]irus ntruder pyware [t]rojanhorse [a]dware, what ever they like to say it), and an Ubuntu user (but mainly use Vista).

I'm just a 14 years old kid, who really likes the topics covered here. I'm no security professional, yet I may be called as lame or n00b. It's up to you, I don't mind, as I'm a n00b after all :P

I don't know how to introduce myself here, so I hope you enjoy at least 10% of my introduction? XD

for Mr. RSnake, you're going to come here, aren't you? :)

>>r3ck0rd
http://reckord.info - http://hackers.web.id

Date: May 24, 2008 12:10PM

Glad you guys introduced yourselves, welcome aboard

-id

Date: May 24, 2008 12:30PM

Hey, guys, welcome to the site! It's always good to get some fresh faces on the boards!

- RSnake

Posted by: Magvs
Date: August 24, 2008 09:00AM

Hello...

My name is Steven,
I am currently 26 Years Old, and I reside mainly in California.
I do not have much to bring to the table... To be honest, I got to this site by one day deciding to have a conversation with a search engine.

I come here with much respect, and wish that I can become apart of this amazing creation.
Please give me more to slack on... Other than the organic computers I like to play with.

Date: September 02, 2008 06:33PM

Welcome, Magvs - perhaps what you bring to the table are simply questions that everyone else has been afraid to ask. Ask away!

- RSnake

Posted by: Cagekicker
Date: September 16, 2008 03:43PM

Magvs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I come here with much respect, and wish that I can
> become apart of this amazing creation.
> Please give me more to slack on... Other than the
> organic computers I like to play with.

Ya know if you take a can of air and blow out the crumbs in your keyboard, it wouldn't be so organic? :)
j/k.
Welcome!

--------------------------------------------------------
Regarding gun carry laws: I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six...

Posted by: spearfish
Date: October 10, 2008 09:50PM

Hi all,

I'm Eric, I go by whatever though (although it's nice if it pertains to my username / real name in someway).

I guess I'm a new-ish kid on the block, I wrote my first lines of code about a year ago but that was just HTML. My obsession with code has been growing exponentially over the last month or so; and I've only been into security for a week or so (although it's practically taken over me).

I'm a high school junior, looking at Florida Tech for college if you're curious, so forgive me if I am at times immature or ignorant. But I try to do the best I can :)

That's a brief summary I guess, you'll learn more about me and my personality by reading my posts than I can sum up here.

So yeah, it's nice to be here, and I hope you guys can educate me a bit while we all have fun :D

-Eric

Posted by: thrill
Date: October 10, 2008 11:57PM

Hey Eric, welcome aboard. Obviously you are on the right path if you've found this place already. There are quite a lot of great minds around this place, me not being one of them. ;)

I'll tell you one thing though, judging from your writing skills, I can already tell you're going to be a great contributor to this board in the years to come.

--thrill

---

It is not the degrees you hold, but the mind you possess. - thrill

Posted by: nullmind
Date: October 11, 2008 06:43AM

Welcome Eric :)

I hope you find in here the knowledge you're looking for while having fun with the minds in this board

See you aroung ;)

Posted by: spearfish
Date: October 11, 2008 09:38AM

Thanks guys!

I found this place looking for information on XSS. I was tired of hearing about it over and over but not understanding what it was. The original document from Microsoft Research was on ha.ckers.org, and I found it via Google. That really helped me understand the attack and found several vulnerabilities in my coding and some of my buddies'.

Shortly after I realized the wealth of information available here, both in the blog and on the forum. So let's see where this goes!

Thanks again guys,
-Eric

Posted by: Cagekicker
Date: October 17, 2008 04:50PM

spearfish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks guys!
>
> I found this place looking for information on XSS.
> I was tired of hearing about it over and over but
> not understanding what it was. The original
> document from Microsoft Research was on
> ha.ckers.org, and I found it via Google. That
> really helped me understand the attack and found
> several vulnerabilities in my coding and some of
> my buddies'.
>
> Shortly after I realized the wealth of information
> available here, both in the blog and on the forum.
> So let's see where this goes!
>
> Thanks again guys,
> -Eric

Welcome aboard, Eric! This is an awesome community and you'll find a lot of helpful people and info here. I'm new to IT myself, and just started in my divisions' security team- learn something new every day. Anyways. Welcome to the site!

--------------------------------------------------------
Regarding gun carry laws: I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six...

Posted by: h0T5h0T
Date: December 02, 2008 01:11PM

Hya everyone,

I'm Sriram. Well I'm just a college guy turned 21 recently, doing my bachelors' in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), here in India.

I'm basically a C/C++ programmer and I've turned into web programming for past few weeks. It all started when I downloaded a video from Shmoocon.org 'JavaScript Malware for a Grey Goo Tomorrow -by Billy Hoffman'. It really inspired me, drove me crazy and made me realize the true power of Javascript. I started googling things and I hit RSnakes XSS Cheat Sheet. Then I came to know how XSS really worked! When I came across the thread- Diminutive XSS Worm Replication Contest, I was totally into it. Now I've started learning Javascript.

That's it for me. Hope I can satisfy the needs of this forum and I can learn a lot from you guys coz I'm just a newbee ;)

Hope we have a gr8 time together,
-Sriram.

Posted by: Robert Chapin
Date: December 03, 2008 10:03PM

Greetings.

Some may remember me from http://ha.ckers.org/blog/20070309/analysis-of-firefoxs-password-manager-fix/

I just stumbled on a character encoding vector that seems to be missing from the XSS Cheat Sheet. I'm here to get acquainted and make sure I'm not reinventing the wheel. :)

Date: December 04, 2008 01:28PM

Welcome to the boards guys.

-id

Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.